Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A massive thank you.....

It has been over two weeks now since Adam passed away and it already seems like forever. Life is very strange at the moment and we are all still feeling a little numb. The boys have returned to school and seem to be coping well with their daily routines but not sure we are.

We are trying to sort out all the paperwork that goes along with a death and trying to get back on track with day to day items. Something is missing. It's almost like we can't find something, feels very strange. For the last 6 months our lives have been consumed with Adam, hospitals, treatments, appointments and having fun......... now it's empty. Don't really know how else to explain it......very strange.

It's only now that we realise just how huge Adam's journey has been for us as a family and the intensity of it all. Now there is nothing. How are were supposed to move on and continue our lives, adjust to not having him with us, like I say it's very strange.

I want to thank everyone for their unquestionable support to us as a family. This is anyone who ever read this blog, attended a fundraiser, sent us texts, emails and cards, for the flowers we received, the massive turnout for Adams funeral, the support given to us regarding Adam's brothers, for Spike and David's employers for allowing time off and absences, the boys school for their understanding, nurses, doctor and staf at the Western general Hospital and the Sick Kids Hospital, the list really is endless and I am sorry that I can't mention you all by name - you know who you are.

We continue to have your support in the months to come and are grateful for that, the last 6 months with Adam passed in a whirlwind but we had an amazing time and built some fab memories for us as a family which I hope will help us cope in the future. Please don't underestimate your own part in Adam's journey.

The retiral collection at Adam's funeral raised a massive £2220.00. This has been split between Cclasp and ward 2 at the Sick Kids - both are overwhelmed by your generosity and the funds will be used to help other children and families in similar situations to the one we found ourselves in.

THANK YOU ALL SO , SO MUCH!!

For now, Lynn xx

"The mention of my child's name may bring tears to my eyes,
But it never fails to bring music to my ears.
If you are really my friend, let me hear the music of his name!
It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul! "

~Author Unknown ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very special Family
Take care to you all

Love Julie & Family xx

Anonymous said...

I have a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes, reading this blog again. It's as if I'm waiting on the next piece of the journey with Adam, and not allowing reality to settle in.
I can relate only too well to that feeling of 6 months constant on the go, hospitals, treatments etc... that you speak about Lynn, and then the ..'nothing', doing nothing, the strangeness that goes along with it.

Thinking of you all, each and every day. You are all very special and unique. I really am so glad you moved into number 29 - 5 years ago! - and am very honoured to be your friend since then!

Love to you all.

Sooz xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I also meant to mention, what a fantastic amount raised. I know it will go to very good use.

Loads of love... (again!)

Sooz xxxxx

P.S... and you say I'm a blether???? We know where Meg gets it from now eh!!! lol xxxxxx

Kevy Rude Bhoy said...

Lynn Thanx for giving us all an up to date account of how all your life without Adam has gone since The Angels took him away.I hope you continue to keep us posted how the family gets along for a while to come.Every time i click on this page my 5 year old Louise always says thats Adam whos in heaven.
Total Love & Respect to you all.

Anonymous said...

thanks lynn for being so thoughtfull to us all and sharing once again, Im so sorry, how you are feeling i wish there was something i could do, I was in nursery one day when adam came to me and said out of the blue feel my belly its hot with his big bright eyes and that loving smile he was a lovely boy thanks for sharing him with us all, thinking of you all x

Anonymous said...

you are so good at making people understand how you are all feeling you have an amazing talent thats brought with so much love ,loyalty and fairness their is no words like yours lynn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yvonne gallagher said...

You are all still very much in my thoughts and we will never forget wee Adam xx